Board of County
Leon County, Florida
Special Public Meeting
Thursday, May 21, 2020, 3:00 p.m.
Search the Agendas
Click Here For a pdf Version of the Agenda
Original Post Date - 5/18/2020
Revised Agenda Outline
Posted on 5/19/2020
Add-On Item 10
Posted on 5/19/2020
Final Public Comments received for the May 21th meeting.
Posted on 5/21/2020
The Board will meet via video conference to conduct the May 21st special meeting. The meeting is being held utilizing communications media technology pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order 20-69, Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Local Government Public Meetings.
The media and the public can access the meeting in real time on Comcast channel 16, Prism channels 16 and 1016-HD, the County’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Public comment will be accepted via electronic submission. Citizens wishing to provide input for this meeting may submit their comments at Leoncountyfl.gov/PublicComments. To ensure adequate time for Commissioner review, comments should be submitted by 8 p.m. on May 20, 2020. Comments will be distributed to the Commissioners prior to the May 21, 2020 3:00 p.m. meeting. Comments submitted after the 8:00 p.m. deadline will be added to the official record of the meeting, but the County cannot guarantee that the Commissioners will have adequate time to review those comments prior to the meeting. Anyone needing assistance with submitting comments may contact County Administration via email at LCG_PublicComments@leoncountyfl.gov or via phone at 850-606-5300.
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance by Chairman Bryan Desloge
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS, 3:00 P.M.
AWARDS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Minutes: February 25, 2020 Regular Meeting
(Clerk of Court)
- Payment of Bills and Vouchers
(County Administrator/ Office of Financial Stewardship/ Office of Management & Budget)
- Ratification of Citizen Review Teams for FY 20/21 and FY 21/22 Community Human Services Partnership Funding Cycle
(County Administrator/ Human Services & Community Partnerships)
- Resolution in Support of the Florida Department of State’s Division of Historical Resources, Historic Preservation Grants Program Special Category Grant Application for Rehabilitation and Renovation of the Historic Railroad Station
(County Administrator/ Public Works/ Office of Financial Stewardship)
- Proposed Revision to Policy No. 06-1, “Use and Scheduling of Parks & Recreation Facilities”
(County Administrator/ Office of Resource Stewardship/ Parks & Recreation)
- Approval of the Plat for Unit I of Chastain Manor Phase II Subdivision
(County Administrator/ Public Works)
Status Reports: (These items are included under Consent.)
CONSENT ITEMS PULLED FOR DISCUSSION
CITIZENS TO BE HEARD ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
(Public comment will be accepted via electronic submission. Citizens wishing to provide input for this meeting may submit their comments at Leoncountyfl.gov/PublicComments. To ensure adequate time for Commissioner review, comments should be submitted by 8 p.m. on May 20, 2020. Comments will be distributed to the Commissioners prior to the May 21, 2020 3 p.m. meeting. Comments submitted after the 8 p.m. deadline will be added to the official record of the meeting, but the County cannot guarantee that the Commissioners will have adequate time to review those comments prior to the meeting. Anyone needing assistance with submitting comments may contact County Administration via phone at 850-606-5300 or via email at LCG_PublicComments@leoncountyfl.gov.)
- Leon County COVID-19 Response and Recovery Re-opening Plan
(County Administrator/ County Administration)
- Status Report on the Office of Economic Vitality’s Activities Related to COVID-19 and Ongoing Coordination Efforts with the Business Community
(County Administrator/ PLACE / Office of Economic Vitality)
- Status Report on Leon County Employee Benefits and Health/Safety Protocols Related to COVID-19
(County Administrator/ County Administration/ Human Resources)
- ADDED - Parliamentary Procedure Issue
Items from the County Attorney
Items from the County Administrator
Discussion Items by Commissioners
RECEIPT AND FILE
- Capital Region Community Development District Meeting Minutes for December 12, 2019
The next Joint Public Hearing meeting of the Board of County Commissioners
& City of Tallahassee Commission is tentatively scheduled for
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the Board of County Commissioners is tentatively scheduled for
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
All lobbyists appearing before the Board must pay a $25 annual registration fee. For registration forms and/or additional information, please contact the Board Secretary or visit the County Clerk website at www.leoncountyfl.gov