Chairman Bill Proctor welcomes the Board to the FY 2021-2022 Annual Board Retreat.
The Retreat provides the Board with an annual opportunity to assess our progress and identify new opportunities in our continuous efforts to make Leon County a special place to live, work and play. This year’s Retreat will specifically serve to both close out the current FY 2017 – FY 2021 Strategic Plan and establish the baseline for the FY 2022 – FY 2026 Strategic Plan.
Ground Rules for the Retreat
Everyone’s participation, working together to exchange ideas and build consensus, is needed to accomplish the goals established for the Board’s Retreat. The following ground rules have been identified to help ensure this year’s Retreat is both positive and productive:
- Listen carefully to each other’s contributions. Be open to new ideas. Avoid thinking about how to express your own response or concerns while someone else is sharing.
- Seek clarification when you do not understand another’s point or terminology.
- Everyone participates. No one dominates. Be patient and do not interrupt others.
- Avoid “side-bar” discussions.
- Dig deep, think, and reflect.
- Honor time limits.
- Seek out differences of opinion – it is okay to disagree. Do not react in a way that may be perceived as judgmental.
Opening Remarks from Commissioners
At this point in the Retreat, each Commissioner is invited to provide comments and share their opening thoughts for the day.