Leon County Board of County Commissioners
Contractors Licensing Board
The Contractors Licensing Board has the authority to:
(1) Issue a cease and desist order to prohibit a contractor from engaging in the business of contracting pursuant to ss. Chapter 489.113(2)(b);
(2) Revoke, suspend, or deny the certified contractor ability to obtain a building permit or limit such authority with specific conditions pursuant to ss. Chapter 489.113(4)(b) and ss. Chapter 889.113(4)(c) based on a public hearing;
(3) Require financial restitution to a consumer;
(4) Impose an administrative fine not to exceed $1,500.00 per violation;
(5) Require additional hours of continuing education over and above the state requirements for license renewal; and/or
(6) Assess costsIn addition, The Contractors Licensing Board has the authority to issue penalties if the contractor has been found guilty by the Contractors Licensing Board, the state construction industry licensing board, or a court of competent jurisdiction.
All decisions of the Contractors Licensing Board shall be in writing and are final.
Chapter 5, Article III, Division 2, Leon County Code of Laws; Ordinance 21-01
An ordinance to amend the Code of Laws to sunset the CLB as of July 1, 2023 is scheduled for Board consideration via the public hearing process on June 14, 2022.
Membership on the board should include, whenever possible:
- one engineer
- one architect
- one business person
- one general contractor or other contractor (building & residential) who is registered or certified under Section 489.105(3)(a)(b)(c). Florida Statutes
- one pool contractor or other contractor (sheet metal, roofing, air conditioning, mechanical, plumbing, excavation or solar) who is registered or certified under Section 489.105(3)(d)(o). Florida Statutes
- two consumer representatives who may be any resident of Leon County that is not, and has never been, a member or practitioner of a profession regulated by the contractors licensing and examination board or a member of any closely related profession.
Whenever possible the membership of CLB should consist of an architect, an engineer, a business person, a general contractor, a pool contractor and two consumer reps.
Maximum Number of Terms: 3
Members are limited to a three term limit per Policy 03-15. Vacancies are filled for the remainder of the unexpired term.
|1||Clark, Cheryl||03/27/2018||2||04/01/2021||03/31/2024||3 Year(s)||Business Person||Bill Proctor - District 1|
|2||Phillips, HR "Sonny"||03/12/2019||1||04/01/2019||03/31/2022||3 Year(s)||Building Contractor||Jimbo Jackson - District 2|
|3||Seitzinger, John Louis||06/14/2022||1||06/14/2022||03/31/2024||Unexpired Term||Residential Contractor||Rick Minor - District 3|
|4||Billingsley, James||05/11/2021||1||05/11/2021||03/31/2023||Unexpired Term||Consumer Rep||Brian Welch - District 4|
|5||Morgan, Sean||03/10/2020||1||04/01/2020||03/31/2023||3 Year(s)||Consumer Rep||Kristin Dozier - District 5|
|6||McManus, Paul Joseph||03/09/2021||1||04/01/2021||03/31/2024||3 Year(s)||Residential Contractor||Carolyn D. Cummings - At-Large I|
|7||Fronczak, David||04/14/2020||1||04/14/2020||03/31/2023||3 Year(s)||Architect||Nick Maddox - At-Large II|